Are you ready to take on a leadership role? With Shive-Hattery, you will grow your
career with unmatched opportunity to:
- Build client relationships
- Mentor and lead design staff
- Lead project teams to achieve client objectives
Shive-Hattery is in search of a talented individual to fill the role of a Traffic Engineer.
The candidate will lead the traffic engineering work in the Cedar Rapids office and be
an integral part in growing the work amongst all the S-H offices.
The candidate should have extremely strong inter-personal skills and a "hands-on"
leadership mentality, with a focus on the development of client relationships.
- Traffic engineer with a minimum of ten years of experience.
- Experience focused in traffic engineering, including traffic impact studies, corridor signal timing, and intersections capacity analysis.
- Lead traffic studies and engineering for a wide variety of public and private projects in the commercial, industrial, education, and government sectors.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and maintain great client relationships.
- Must be able to be a licensed engineer in the state of Iowa or have ability to obtain licensure within (6) months.
- Must be quality minded and self-motivated.
- Technical proficiency in Syncrho, Vistro, and Vissim a plus.
The people who practice here love the responsibility they have to do what they're passionate about. Our company culture is focused around mentorship and
collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees. You’ll be able to work across disciplines, grow your skills and continue learning.
S-H offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and
organizations established through the firm. S-H has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work”.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. ?