Are you ready to take on a leadership role? At Shive-Hattery, you will be able to build your career with unmatched opportunity to:
- Build client relationships.
- Lead project teams to achieve client objectives.
- Develop the surveying business and lead a team of surveyors.
This is a full time land surveying position performing field and office duties including but not limited to: boundary, topographic, ALTA/ASCM land title, construction staking, and lot surveys. This is a professional path position that provides the opportunity to earn a Professional Surveying License.
This position is available at our Bloomington Office. Shive-Hattery fosters a team oriented atmosphere, and emphasizes unparalleled client services. We offer the opportunity for involvement in a wide variety of surveying, civil engineering, and building projects.
Minimum two years’ experience as a licensed Surveyor In Training (SIT) required, with the goal of obtaining licensure as both an Illinois and Indiana Professional Land Surveyor (PLS). Already having these licenses is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in land surveying or a related discipline.
- Willingness to travel on occasion required.
- Proficiency in the Trimble family of surveying equipment preferred.
- Familiarity with Civil 3D software preferred.
- Communicate with the client and project team to understand the goals, challenges, schedule, budget, and expectations of a project.
- Ability to interpret construction plans.
- Ability to work in a team environment and also be willing to work independently.
- Follows prescribed safety practices for Land Surveying.
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing and able to operate company owned vehicles.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
The people who practice here love the responsibility they have to do what they're passionate about. Our company culture is focused around mentorship and collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees. You’ll be able to work across disciplines, grow your skills and continue learning. If you are ready to take a step towards your future, we want to talk to you.
“Moving to Shive-Hattery from another firm was one of the best decisions I made. My career didn’t just pick up where I’d left off – it really took off! This is because Shive-Hattery provided me with endless opportunities to serve in leadership roles or to pursue those interests that really keep me engaged. And living and working in Bloomington-Normal has been fantastic these last ten years. There’s plenty of good entertainment options, but still a safe cozy place that my family can call home.”
– Mike Sewell, PE, LEED AP, Civil Engineer
The Bloomington-Normal area is a vibrant community, home to 167,699 people who exemplify the values of the Midwest and a remarkable quality of life. Located in the heart of Illinois at the intersections of 39, 55 and 74 you are two hours from Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis.
Our office in Bloomington is a tight knit group of professionals who love living in one of America’s best college towns. Bloomington was ranked the #7 Best Small City for Educated Millennials in 2015 by the American Institute for Economic Research.
Find out more about Bloomington
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.