Shive-Hattery's West Des Moines office has an immediate opportunity for a licensed structural engineer with a minimum of 15 years of experience in the design and leadership of structural engineering projects.
- 15 + years of structural engineering experience in the design, modification, and evaluation of building and non-building structures in a variety of project types
- Knowledge of structural design using steel, concrete, wood, and masonry
- Professional Engineer licensure in Iowa or the ability for immediate licensure in Iowa
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; experience with RISA structural analysis programs, AutoCAD, and Revit preferred
- Must have experience providing direction to junior engineers and designers and collaborating with other disciplines
- Must have previous experience developing and managing client relationships
- Work in a team setting, collaborating with other disciplines to perform the design and construction administration services for healthcare, education, commercial, government, and industrial projects of all sizes
- Lead the structural design portion of projects, make design recommendations and decisions, and oversee the completion and quality of construction drawings, specifications, reports, and other project documentation
- Establish and manage structural scope, schedule, and budget
- Plan design work and provide direction to junior engineers and designers assisting with project work
- Mentor and teach other team members
- Visit project sites and provide technical assistance to help resolve construction issues
- Assist in growing existing clients and developing new clients
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile, climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating, and wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
About Des Moines
Greater Des Moines region, home to more than half a million people. While being the fastest growing metro in the Midwest (according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016) it remains #2 as the “Most Affordable Place to Live” (U.S. News & World Report, 2016). The Des Moines metro regularly tops lists as one of the best cities to live in the country - 26 top ten lists in the two years, in fact!
Learn more about the this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.