Shive-Hattery's West Des Moines office is seeking an entry-level structural engineer to join our growing team. Entry-level structural engineers are given the opportunity to work in a team setting with other structural team members and other disciplines on a variety of project types and materials.
- Work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several licensed structural engineers
- Assist in the structural design and production of construction documents
- Visit project sites to collect field data and attend meetings with project engineers
- Assist with construction observation, shop drawing review, and response to contractor questions
- Plan, organize, and manage time and workload; pay attention to detail
- Pursue PE license once required experience is obtained
- Earned a degree in civil engineering with structural engineering emphasis from an accredited engineering school
- Has passed or is scheduled to take FE exam to obtain Engineer Intern designation by the State of Iowa
- Able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with RISA structural analysis programs and Revit desired
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment as required for site visits, drive, climb ladders, and work off of elevated platforms and open grating
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
About Des Moines
Greater Des Moines region, home to more than half a million people. While being the fastest growing metro in the Midwest (according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016) it remains #2 as the “Most Affordable Place to Live” (U.S. News & World Report, 2016). The Des Moines metro regularly tops lists as one of the best cities to live in the country - 26 top ten lists in the two years, in fact!
Learn more about the this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.