Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an opportunity for an entry level structural engineer with zero to two years of experience. You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
Graduate Civil Engineering student with a Structural Engineering emphasis
- Master's in Structural Engineering is preferred but not required
- Must be able to sit for the Iowa PE exam once required experience has been obtained
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with RISA structural analysis programs and Revit desired
Work in a team setting with other structural team members and disciplines to work on a variety of structural projects across our market sectors
- Provide design and drawing production support of projects in the structural discipline.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry.
- Will work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several licensed structural engineers
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile
- Must have the ability to travel with some limited overnights
- Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites
Benefits go beyond financial (paid overtime, profit sharing, matching 401K, ownership opportunities).
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.