Shive-Hattery's West Des Moines office has an immediate opening for an Intern Architect.
Entry level position and applies to individuals with up to 2 years' experience.
- Completion of accredited professional degree program with a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in architecture, or equivalent in appropriate education and experience.
- Basic knowledge of design of architectural systems, construction documentation and associated technology.
- Demonstrate a high degree of aptitude in critical, creative thinking associated with design and the design process.
- Basic understanding of architectural specifications, international building codes, life safety code, and current ADA requirements.
- Knowledge of programming, planning, and building performance is beneficial.
- Qualifications/Proficiencies-motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; capable of designing projects for public/institutional clients in Civic/Justice, Educational and Healthcare Sectors with limited involvement with private developer clients.
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently. Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Google SketchUp is required. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Production and coordination of design process and technical documents under the direction of a licensed design professional.
- Creation of graphical images.
- Design and detailing in Revit.
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects.
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.