Shive-Hattery is seeking an Architect or Interior Designer to be Leader of the Chicago Office and in charge of daily operations. This talented, detail-oriented individual will demonstrate the leadership skills necessary to strengthen and support the performance of the office by creating a work environment where staff are engaged, mentored, and can excel in their abilities; by ensuring clients receive superior service while supporting business development efforts and overall growth. The Chicago office is part of a business unit combined with the Valparaiso, IN office. The Chicago office leader would report directly to the business unit’s Office Director, and would lead, develop and guide the Chicago Team and OMT Office Management Team.
Ten plus years of experience in a design firm with proven leadership and team management skills. \
Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Licensed Architect or NCIDQ Registered Interior Designer in the State of Illinois.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be collaborative and have positive/effective team building skills.
- Must have a good understanding of business financial metrics used to monitor office performance.
- Must be able to manage workflow balance and personnel resources.
- Must have demonstrated business development capabilities and manage/support marketing efforts.
- Must have a strong can-do attitude with strong problem solving skills.
- Managed staff and participated in hiring and disciplinary action
Report to and work closely with the Office Director to develop and ensure overall office and firm vision and goals are achieved.
- Lead, develop and guide the Chicago Team and Office Management Team (OMT)
- Must have a consistent presence in the office and be available and interact with all staff.
- Provide feedback and coaching for team members to set expectations, define personal development goals, and review progress/performance.
- Be available and interact with all staff.
- Identify conflict and take prompt appropriate action.
- Work with Group Leaders to balance workload, resources, and project schedules.
- Strive to create an environment and culture consistent with our business and people values.
- Foster a strong collaborative environment within the office and with the Valparaiso office.
- Support the One Firm, Firm Philosophy, by building strong relationships in business development and work sharing with all Shive-Hattery Offices.
- Monitor, support, and play an active role in Business Development.
- Monitor financial performance and take action to support long term profitable growth
- Support initiatives to elevate the design quality and profile.
- Engage and be active in community and professional organizations.
- Participate in hiring, interviews and annual salary reviews
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.