Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office has an immediate full-time opening for an Architectural Designer with up to five years of experience.
We are a full service design firm offering interior design, architecture, engineering, and landscape architecture. You will be an integral member of the design team working on all phases and aspects of our varied projects.
- Graduate from an architectural technology program or equivalent
- Minimum Associate's Degree in Architecture or equivalent
- Ability to develop, communicate, and project documentation working in association with a Registered Architect.
- Knowledge of or interest in building technology and construction is desired.
- Experience or interest in working on commercial, education and/or healthcare projects
- Experience using REVIT, Sketch-up, Microsoft Office Suite, and/or other related graphic software programs is expected
- Current knowledge of building planning and exterior envelope design is desired.
- Demonstrate the skill of sketching ideas and conveying graphic knowledge in artistic presentation is a positive for the position.
- Excellent communication skills
- Work will be completed under the direct supervision of a licensed architect.
- Engage with the project team from programming/scope definition, design, and documentation through implementation
- Collaborate with the project architect on all aspects of project delivery
- Assist in design presentation development
- Revit/BIM modeling and project documentation
- Follow project development and production standards
- Continuous personal improvement and education
- Assistance with development of technical and construction details with the ability to grow into as independent designer requiring minimal assistance to start project work.
Shive-Hattery offers an outstanding benefits and compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.