Lakes and Dams
Lakes and dams are valuable resources which provide recreational, ecological, flood control, public water supply and economic benefits to communities. Developing a healthy ecosystem, improving watershed management and protecting these resources is often challenging and requires a comprehensive plan.
Working with the community stakeholders is critical in reaching project goals and achieving the desired outcome. Understanding current regulations, technology, and funding sources is vital for a successful project. Services available include:
- Watershed load assessment
- Dam classification and breach analysis
- Comprehensive management planning
- Water quality assessment
- Wildlife and fishery habitat
- Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Public outreach
- Dam removal / river restoration
- Dam stability
- Water supply and reservoir yield
- Dam inspection
Lakes are valuable features which provide many opportunities for enjoyment. Proper vision for restoring existing lakes or creating new lakes can optimize the benefits of this important asset.