Job ID 1544 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an opening for a Structural Designer with 1 plus years of experience. A great opportunity to work with many technologies from 3D laser scanning, Virtual Reality goggles (coordination/collaboration), to Augmented Reality development.
- Have 1 plus years of experience using Revit, preferably structures
- Have knowledge in commercial or industrial buildings
- Ability to produce construction documents, including 3D model generation and detailing
- Must have good attention to detail
- Computer literacy a must including Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Experience with Revit importing/exporting with other modeling software (AutoCAD, Navisworks, etc.) and 3D scanning technology are not required but would be a plus.
- Be willing to work some overtime
- Be able to pass drug screen test and background screening which are both required at many industrial sites.
- Provide REVIT drawing production support of projects in the structural discipline and work well with structural engineers
- Shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry
- Work in a team environment and on multidiscipline projects
- Effectively handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines
ABOUT CEDAR RAPIDS
Our Cedar Rapids office is in beautiful Downtown Cedar Rapids, with excellent local coffee shops within walking distance. Cedar Rapids is Iowa’s second largest city and is undergoing an incredible revitalization.
You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes