Job ID 1722 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office seeks an electrical engineer with up to five years of experience. You’ll work on an inclusive team with other disciplines and experts to design of industrial facility lighting and power systems. Be part of client development to help build long-term relationships.
- Professional engineer (or the ability to obtain PE license).
- Solid technical experience in the preparation of construction drawings, specifications, submittals, and construction administration
- Collaborative approach working with other disciplines, establish and maintain budgets, and work in partnership with engineers throughout the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of NEC Codes.
- Knowledge in the workings of industrial control systems (temperature/pressure transmitters, control valves, MOV’s, PLCs, Industrial Automation.
- Proficient with SKM Power Tools software.
- Working knowledge of the integration of fire alarm and voice/data systems.
- Ability to provide direction to designers and CAD technicians
- Knowledgeable with the use of AutoCAD and REVIT.
About the Quad Cities Office:
Our location in the Quad Cities is in the Mississippi Valley and benefits from the amenities that one of the world’s great rivers provides. Shive-Hattery’s location in Bettendorf is an example of the design quality that we are striving for in every project we do. Recently opened, our Bettendorf location and the site of the new building is designed to provide us with the ability to continue to grow and to make our work easier in these changing times.
Conference rooms are equipped with virtual conference technology, our building is designed to accommodate different work styles with individual, collaborative, and quiet focus areas. All of our workstations are designed with sit-stand capabilities and our dedicated VR space allows us to coordinate between disciplines and put our clients into their projects before anything is done in the field. Our building site includes a walking path and pond, and our patio includes seating and firepit so that breaks can be enjoyable and refreshing.
Within the Quad Cities you will find several John Deere offices including their World Headquarters and multiple production facilities. Some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area include 3M, Exelon, and Arconic. There are also many smaller businesses throughout the Quad Cities area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa. With an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally owned and beyond. The variety and success creates a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, TaxSlayer Center, Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, and Modern Woodmen Park (recognized as one of the "Best Minor League Ballparks" by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking, and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes