Job ID 1733 Location Omaha, NE Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Valley West Mall Redevelopment, West Des Moines, Iowa
Does this sound like you?
- “I enjoy building client relationships.”
- “Creating an outstanding client experience is rewarding.”
- “My top skills are communication, leadership, organization and design.”
- “Clients, local government officials and regulatory agency contacts appreciate my collaborative approach to move projects forward.”
- “With five-plus years of site design experience, I am ready to take my career to the next level as a licensed professional (P.E.).”
- "Having a realistic opportunity for future ownership is important to me."
- "I want the freedom to pursue the work I love."
If you are still reading this, you should apply now because this position will give you the opportunity to:
- Serve as a project leader.
- Mentor and lead design teams.
- Make and be responsible for technical design decisions.
- Provide a quality client experience that meets or exceeds expectations.
Build Client Relationships: As someone who enjoys the “people side” of civil engineering, you will be free to build client relationships. Apply your client development skills to grow current clients and have support to pursue new clients through marketing activities. You will have a great network of resources to grow site design and land development project opportunities with commercial, industrial, government, education and healthcare clients. As a main point of contact for land development projects this leadership role allows you to make positive impacts in all areas of the business:
- Be a technical design specialist and mentor.
- Share development knowledge with your project teams.
- Manage business development efforts with current and new pursuits.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
About the Omaha Office:
Shive-Hattery's Omaha office will be in a newly opened 8,100 square foot co-working & business incubator space owned by I See It Ventures at 7305 Main St in Ralston, NE. The office is directly next to our historic Ralston Granary Redevelopment project.
The co-working space is temporary, and if working in the Omaha office, you should expect a permanent private space within the next year and a half. Having a physical office in Omaha since October 2020 has allowed the company more opportunities to work closely with Omaha clients and will allow us room for continued growth.
- Located within the future Ralston Hinge Project Redevelopment
- 10 minutes from the interstate
- Sense of community amongst other businesses in the co-working space
- Space for collaboration
- Space for private meetings and breakout sessions
- Close to entertainment (Bushwackers Saloon, Ralston Arena, Horsemen’s Park Racetrack (and future casino), etc.
Omaha is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, several nationally recognized hospitals and research centers, and is the largest metropolitan area in Nebraska with a population just short of one million. This population is spread across a variety of suburbs including Ralston. It's important to note that Omaha is more than a big metro… it is a community that fosters support for and celebrates its local entrepreneur and small business and has been proven to rally together around city-wide issues.
Omaha has been recognized multiple times in recent years as a top destination for young professionals, families, and retirees due especially to low unemployment rates, low cost of living, and an overall friendly climate, all while providing your idealistic “city life.”
With the various suburbs and niche communities as part of Omaha, there is a diverse range of cultures, businesses, and activities...something for everyone! Some of the exciting amenities immediate to Omaha include the Joslyn Art Museum, Durham Museum, The Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, Lauritzen Gardens, University of Nebraska - Omaha, Creighton University, Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge, The Annual College World Series, Maha Music Festival, and a Bi-Annual Omaha Fashion Week. The list continues with many outdoor recreational features for hiking and biking, boating and fishing on the river and local lakes, and a variety of golf courses.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package and extensive professional development opportunities.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes