Job ID 1737 Location South Bend, IN Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Press Ganey. South Bend, Indiana
With a decade + of experience, you are ready for the next big opportunity:
- Lead design for new commercial facilities, additions, and renovations.
- Mentor architects, distribute project roles, and help balance workloads.
- Contribute to marketing, business development and the client experience.
- Join a collaborative, service-oriented team that is growing along with great clients.
As part of Shive-Hattery’s South Bend studio, you will collaborate on design, planning, organizing and coordination with engineers and designers. Communication skills are prized along with a passion for mentoring and delivering an exceptional client experience.
As a senior project architect, you will accelerate your career in these ways:
- Assist in the development of research, cost data for the systems of both new construction, and remodel projects.
- Provide design expertise to deliver solutions schematically, technically, throughout all phases of the project when appropriate, including code research.
- Participate in the development of quality control procedures to accurately complete technical documents. Recommend updated procedures and methods where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of changes, new technology, trends, and innovative best practices in area of expertise and recommend changes and new services as appropriate.
- Attend client meetings and promote positive client contact with current and prospective clients.
- Retain and grow existing commercial clients and build relationships with new clients.
- Consult with clients to determine the requirements and best practice components for systems and practices to meet their needs.
- Visit project sites during construction to ensure quality, progress and compliance with specifications and standards.
- Review and process project correspondence.
- Oversee, review, and assist in the design and production of instruments of service to deliver our work to clients.
- Participate with team members to monitor budget to ensure the project is progressing in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Work with team members to develop Revit models.
- Assist in the preparation of specifications.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, while providing opportunities for leadership development.
You will manage projects and lead project teams from beginning to end, applying knowledge, skills, and methodologies to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Candidate shall exhibit a “Pleasure to serve Attitude” that is complimented with strong communication, team building, and solution-finding skills.
Applicant is required to have a good general working knowledge of architecture and design. Able to operate computer and a variety of software programs such as Revit, Sketchup, MS Office, Adobe, Bluebeam, BSD Specifications and PowerPoint.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package and extensive professional development opportunities.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes