Job ID 1707 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Three reasons to join Shive-Hattery’s Water-Wastewater Group:
1. Better career path.
2. Beautiful, new office.
3. Caring team ready to welcome you.
Better Career Path
As a licensed professional engineer, you can lead a diverse range of water and wastewater infrastructure projects. This includes design, client contact, business development, mentoring and the following responsibilities:
- Develop facility plans, master planning reports, specifications, and design drawings.
- Lead internal and external project workshops.
- Take projects from concept to bid-ready documents.
- Manage services during construction.
- Lead construction permitting with regulatory agencies.
- Lead scope, schedule, and fee development with project management support.
- Collaborate with clients and regulatory agencies.
- Mentor multi-discipline project teams.
- Participate in business development.
- Lead the evaluation, study, and design of water and wastewater pipelines, pump stations, and treatment systems.
Beautiful, New Quad Cities Office
Shive-Hattery’s new Quad Cities location is at 56th Street and 18th Avenue in Bettendorf, Iowa. Open in July 2021, the new office showcases what we deliver to our clients through strong collaboration, problem solving and good design. Features include:
- Walking distance to an office park
- Collaboration space
- Large break room
- Dedicated virtual reality area
- More meeting and breakout space than our current location
- Outdoor seating area adjacent to break room
“I’ve worked at large and small design firms across the nation. Shive-Hattery is unique with the big firm resources and support with the small firm feel. It’s awesome to be part of a caring team doing big things for clients and communities.”
Shane Oyler, Water-Wastewater Group Leader
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) or master’s degree (M.S.) in Environmental or Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year or graduate engineering university.
- Four or more years of similar technical experience with no less than one-year experience in project leadership.
- Registered Professional Engineer and capable of registering in states within Shive-Hattery’s geographical footprint.
- Experience with detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater collection, distribution, pumping, and/or treatment projects.
- Strong verbal, computer, time management, and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of the multi-disciplined aspects required for delivering water-wastewater infrastructure improvements.
- Proven technical writing and professional communication skills.
- Desire to mentor junior staff, as well as learn and continue professional career.
- Must have strong communication skills.
About the Quad Cities Office:
You will find one of the several John Deere offices based in the Quad Cities along some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area, including 3M, Exelon, and Arconic. It is not all big business here though. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success creates a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, iWireless Center, Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, and Modern Woodmen Ballpark (was recently recognized as the "Best Minor League Ballpark" in America by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes