Job ID 1760 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
As Survey Crew Chief for Shive-Hattery’s Quad Cities office, you’ll enjoy access to the latest technology in a team-oriented atmosphere. Come to work everyday knowing there is an exciting variety of surveying, civil engineering and building projects for you.
Shive-Hattery’s brand new Quad Cities campus.
Build your career as you …
Operate survey equipment (robotic total stations, GPS survey equipment, data collectors and automatic level).
- Oversee survey equipment operation, maintenance and training.
- Supervise survey assistant(s).
- Communicate with clients and project team members (goals, challenges, schedule, budget and expectations of project).
- Conduct research to obtain the appropriate public/ private land records, survey control data, and other pertinent information from various sources for boundaries, location, topographical and design surveys, location of right of way and utility locations.
- Establish and set points on construction stakeout projects (curb and gutter, drop inlets, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, etc.)
- Perform office functions including computations, reduction of field notes, filing and retrieving prints.
- Submit daily files, including downloading of data, preparation and organization of field sketches and digital photographs.
- Two to ten years of experience as a survey crew chief.
- Maintain a current driver’s license in good standing.
- Physically able to perform all tasks including the ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Willingness to work outdoors and in adverse weather conditions.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed.
- An understanding of AutoCAD Civil3D software a plus.
- LSIT or CST certification a plus.
About the Quad Cities Office:
Our location in the Quad Cities is in the Mississippi Valley and benefits from the amenities that one of the world’s great rivers provides. Shive-Hattery’s location in Bettendorf is an example of the design quality that we are striving for in every project we do. Recently opened, our Bettendorf location and the site of the new building is designed to provide us with the ability to continue to grow and to make our work easier in these changing times.
Conference rooms are equipped with virtual conference technology, our building is designed to accommodate different work styles with individual, collaborative, and quiet focus areas. All of our workstations are designed with sit-stand capabilities and our dedicated VR space allows us to coordinate between disciplines and put our clients into their projects before anything is done in the field. Our building site includes a walking path and pond, and our patio includes seating and firepit so that breaks can be enjoyable and refreshing.
Within the Quad Cities you will find several John Deere offices including their World Headquarters and multiple production facilities. Some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area include 3M, Exelon, and Arconic. There are also many smaller businesses throughout the Quad Cities area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa. With an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally owned and beyond. The variety and success creates a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, TaxSlayer Center, Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, and Modern Woodmen Park (recognized as one of the "Best Minor League Ballparks" by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking, and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes