Job ID 1766 Location Madison, WI Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery is seeking a Mechanical Designer with a background and strong interest in thermal energy, hydronics, and central utility plants and distribution systems. Full-time assignment shall be located in our Iowa City, IA or Madison, WI office.
Primary duties include:
- Work in a team environment and coordinate with other mechanical team members and other disciplines such as electrical, structural, and civil.
- Develop engineering and construction drawings, using AutoCad and/or Revit, depicting the design and intended construction of steam, condensate, hot and chilled water distribution systems, central utility generation plants and their components, etc.
- Assist with piping systems design and routing. Successful candidate will be familiar with piping, pipe fittings, various pipe materials, and their applicable Codes.
- Visit project sites to assist with data collection, 3D scanning, and construction observation duties.
- Participate in internal and external design meetings to coordinate work and determine project requirements and design features.
- Manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, delegating, and prioritizing with attention to design accuracy and detail.
- Work under the supervision of mechanical engineers and mentor other mechanical engineers and designers.
- Candidate will work as part of a design team and could be assigned to several projects simultaneously.
- Associate degree in CAD Technology with an emphasis on mechanical piping preferred. Construction industry or other higher education degrees and experience will be considered.
- 3-5 minimum years of experience in utility or process piping design.
- Experience with AutoCad and 3D Revit modeling preferred.
- Working knowledge and experience reading piping and instrumentation diagrams and process flow diagrams.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to collaborate with other design team members and have good interpersonal skills. Team members will be located in various Shive-Hattery office locations.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment and communicate with Project Team members on progress and challenges.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to work legally in the United States for any length of time.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes