Job ID 1779 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an opening for a Licensed Electrical Engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience. This professional position will perform a variety of duties as a lead electrical engineer on building and site projects primarily providing electrical expertise on industrial projects. This position will work in a team setting on the timely, professional, and accurate production of various design documents, contracts, technical drawings, code research, Revit models and other items associated with the delivery of electrical design services.
- Experience in the design of lighting, power, and low-voltage systems for buildings and sites.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school; or a degree in Architectural Engineering with an electrical engineering emphasis.
- Experience in 3D modeling, Revit is preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is desired.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and possess good interpersonal skills.
- In possession of an active professional engineering license, or the ability to obtain a license within a year.
- Design the electrical systems for industrial facilities which includes power distribution, LED and custom lighting design, Life Safety Systems, as well as data/communications.
- Lead the electrical design and production efforts of building projects.
- Interact with clients on projects.
- Work independently and collaborate with other electrical team members.
- Coordinate with other disciplines on projects.
- Guide and mentor junior engineers and designers in the design and production efforts.
- Prepare specifications and perform code research.
- Visit project sites to gather information about existing conditions. Some travel may be required.
- Visit project construction sites to assist with quality, progress, and compliance with the electrical design and to perform construction observation duties.
- Manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to detail.
- Work in a diverse market including Industrial, Institutional, Commercial, Education, Government and Healthcare facilities.
- Participate in marketing and business development efforts associated with the regional, national, and local development of select or focused clients.
The people at Shive-Hattery love the opportunity to practice what they're passionate about in an open and free environment. The company culture is focused on mentorship and collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees. You will have the opportunity to work across disciplines, grow your skills, and continue learning every day. Shive-Hattery offers employees competitive wages, health care, and 401K matching, along with numerous opportunities to become involved in the company and community.
About the Cedar Rapids Office:
Located in the heart of Downtown Cedar Rapids and alongside the Cedar River, the city is full of life and also, uniquely, five seasons! Like all other cities in Iowa and beyond, we experience fall, winter, summer and spring, but our fifth season affords us the time and ability to enjoy all other seasons and thus life. We are often called The City of Five Seasons and you can find that this identity is deeply woven into the community of the City of Cedar Rapids.
The view from our newly renovated office in the historic Armstrong Building is vast and wide, allowing us clear viewings of the city and its famous sunsets. Locally owned coffee shops, restaurants, theaters, stores and nightlife hubs are sprinkled everywhere, both near and far, offering lots to do at anytime. We are accompanied by several Fortune 500 corporations in our area, including Collins Aerospace (formerly Rockwell Collins), Casey’s General Store and Principal Financial Group; it’s not all about big businesses here though.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the outdoor McGrath Amphitheater, Cedar Rapids Museum of Art, Orchestra Iowa, Newbo City Market, Kirkwood Culinary Kitchen, Veterans Memorial Stadium and The US Cellular Center. The streets and endless bike ways are buzzing with cyclists, especially during RAGBRAI (The Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Indian Creek Nature Center , hiking and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes