Job ID 1784 Location Chicago, IL Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's South Shore Corridor team has an immediate opportunity for a licensed structural engineer with a minimum of 10-15 years of experience in the design and leadership of structural engineering projects.
- Structural Engineering (SE) licensure in Illinois
- Professional Engineering license in Indiana or the ability for immediate licensure
- Structural design experience using concrete, steel, and masonry. Wood design would be a plus.
- Ability to direct in leading a project from single discipline work to multi-discipline work in the production of construction documents.
- Experience and willingness to provide direction to young engineers and designers, along with collaborating with other disciplines.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing work.
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, and comfort presenting design solutions to Owners.
- Experience using Revit, 3D software, structural engineering design software and Microsoft Office software is preferred.
- Design projects as a structural engineer for commercial, government, industrial and education projects of various sizes. Work with experienced engineers and technicians while coordinating work within multi-discipline teams.
- Lead the structural design portion of projects, make design recommendations and decisions, and oversee the completion and quality of construction drawings, specifications, reports, and other project documentation
- Establish and manage structural scope, schedule and budget.
- Plan design work and provide direction to junior engineers and designers assisting with project work.
- Mentor and teach other team members.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects.
- Must be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile, climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating, and wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry.
About Shive-Hattery – South Shore Corridor
Our South Shore Corridor has (3) offices in our group. We have offices in Chicago Illinois, and Valparaiso, and South Bend Indiana. Our Chicago office is in Downtown Chicago near the Merchandise Mart. Our Valparaiso office is located in the downtown of the vibrant Valparaiso community. Our South Bend office is within walking distance of downtown South Bend.
Benefits go beyond financial (possibility for paid overtime, profit sharing, matching 401K, ownership opportunities). You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes