Job ID 1780 Location Madison, WI Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening for a mechanical engineer with a bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years of experience. You will serve as lead mechanical engineer on district energy (steam, heating hot water, chilled water, power generation) projects throughout the Midwest. Job opening is in our Iowa City, IA or Madison, WI office location. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers, and provides growth opportunities.
- Mechanical design for industrial, utility, and higher education market projects.
- Ability to become licensed in the State of IA and/or WI and the ability to be licensed in additional states.
- Experience working with Navisworks, Revit, and Microsoft Office.
- Coordinate and proactively communicate across multiple offices and teams using mixed presence technology as well as travel for in person meetings when appropriate.
- Lead the mechanical design and production for industrial, education, and government mechanical projects either internally with design staff or externally with clients.
- Develop client relationships and strategies to identify and win profitable projects.
- Manage schedules and budgets for the mechanical work on projects.
- Work independently and work with other engineers on multi-discipline teams.
- Coordinate with other disciplines on the project.
- Interact with clients on projects.
- Work to expand mechanical services for both existing and new clients.
- Be a mentor to other mechanical engineering staff members.
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Must have the ability to travel with limited overnight.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
About the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids Area:
The Iowa City-Cedar Rapids metro area is home to almost a half a million people and is consistently voted among the top places to live each year. Our community is teeming with vibrant energy from a diverse group of academics, medical professionals, and entrepreneurs. Whether you’re visiting the Ped Mall in downtown Iowa City or shopping in the NewBo district of Downtown Cedar Rapids, our area offers an assortment of locally owned restaurants, farmer’s markets, quirky shops, historical landmarks, breweries, and live entertainment venues. For the adventurous, the ICR Corridor boasts plenty of space to explore the great outdoors with a network of walking and bike trails, scenic lakes, and public parks that offer a variety of outdoor activities and recreation throughout the year.
- Iowa City voted #4 in top 100 places to live (livability.com)
- Iowa City #2 Most fitness-friendly places for 2020 (Smart Asset)
- Iowa City Named one of the best cities for creatives (Thrillist)
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes