Job ID 1797 Location Iowa City, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Iowa City office has an immediate opening for a civil engineer with zero to three years of experience.
- Graduated from an accredited engineering school
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience a plus
- MicroStation 3D experience a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and orally
- Demonstrates an ability to be service-oriented to existing and potential clients
- Internships/summer experience in general civil engineering or construction a plus
- Ability to read and understand construction engineering plans and drawings, including sheet references and layering
- Have passed or are scheduled to take fundamentals of engineering exam to obtain official Engineering Intern designation by the State of Iowa
- Assist more senior civil engineers with entry-level engineering tasks
- Assist with engineering design for a wide variety of public and private projects in the industrial, healthcare, education, commercial, and government market sectors
- Duties will include preparation of AutoCAD drawings, reports, and technical specifications
- Design tasks will include roadway design, trails, parking lots, site grading, drainage and storm sewer design, sanitary sewer design, water main design, project phasing, traffic control and other site design components
- Assist with performing onsite construction administration and construction observation services including reporting and monitoring contractor's compliance with contract documents
- Ability to work with other Engineers on multi-discipline teams
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organization, and prioritization with attention to detail
About the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids Area:
The Iowa City-Cedar Rapids metro area is home to almost half a million people and is consistently voted among the top places to live each year. Our community is teeming with vibrant energy from a diverse group of academics, medical professionals, and entrepreneurs. Whether you’re visiting the Ped Mall in downtown Iowa City or shopping in the NewBo district of Downtown Cedar Rapids, our area offers an assortment of locally-owned restaurants, farmer’s markets, quirky shops, historical landmarks, breweries, and live entertainment venues. For the adventurous, the ICR Corridor boasts plenty of space to explore the great outdoors with a network of walking and bike trails, scenic lakes, and public parks that offer a variety of outdoor activities and recreation throughout the year.
- Iowa City voted #4 in the top 100 places to live (livability.com)
- Iowa City #2 Most fitness-friendly places for 2020 (Smart Asset)
- Iowa City Named one of the best cities for creatives (Thrillist)
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes