Job ID 1802 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery’s Quad Cities office has an immediate opening for a Mechanical Designer. You’ll collaborate with mechanical engineers to prepare construction documents for a variety of interesting projects.
- We are seeking a technician able to work on moderately complex projects under supervision, while being involved in and responsible for construction document preparation under the general guidance of an engineer.
- Position requires knowledge in drafting, detailing, and procedures for production of design development and construction documents for a wide variety of projects.
- Training will be provided for these techniques and procedures related to this work. The successful candidate will be able to communicate clearly with engineers on building engineering components.
- The candidate shall be able to interpret detailed markups from engineers and replicate them in Revit models and construction documents. The candidate shall be self-motivated and eager to learn new things, while adapting to changing markets and software updates.
- With knowledge in drafting, detailing, and procedures for production of design development and construction documents, you can apply and grow your skillset. Shive-Hattery will make significant investments in your training and development so you can adapt to evolving technologies.
- The ideal candidate knows the ins-and-outs of Autodesk Revit with at least one year of training. They communicate clearly with engineers on building engineering components. This includes being able to interpret detailed markups from engineers and replicate them in Revit models and construction documents.
Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will develop your skills while continuing to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
About the Quad Cities Office
Our location in the Quad Cities is in the Mississippi Valley and benefits from the amenities that one of the world’s great rivers provides. Shive-Hattery’s location in Bettendorf is an example of the design quality that we are striving for in every project we do. Recently opened, our Bettendorf location and the site of the new building is designed to provide us with the ability to continue to grow and to make our work easier in these changing times.
Conference rooms are equipped with virtual conference technology, our building is designed to accommodate different work styles with individual, collaborative, and quiet focus areas. All of our workstations are designed with sit-stand capabilities and our dedicated VR space allows us to coordinate between disciplines and put our clients into their projects before anything is done in the field. Our building site includes a walking path and pond, and our patio includes seating and firepit so that breaks can be enjoyable and refreshing.
Within the Quad Cities you will find several John Deere offices including their World Headquarters and multiple production facilities. Some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area include 3M, Exelon, and Arconic. There are also many smaller businesses throughout the Quad Cities area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa. With an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally owned and beyond. The variety and success creates a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, TaxSlayer Center, Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, and Modern Woodmen Park (recognized as one of the "Best Minor League Ballparks" by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking, and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes