Job ID 1805 Location Lincoln, NE Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Studio951 a division of Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening in our Omaha office for an Architect with five or more years of professional experience.
Under the direction of the Studio Leader this Design Professional position, performs a variety of duties associated with design expertise primarily on commercial, healthcare and multi-family projects and related services, to assist in achieving desired client satisfaction, and business results. This position involves design knowledge-based experience while working with and supervising production team members in the timely, professional, and accurate production of various design documents, contracts, computer generated renderings, technical drawings, code research, Revit models, or other items associated with the delivery of architectural design services.
Must be willing to market selected clients or focus on retaining and growing existing clients within the process of project performance. Registration as a Licensed Architect is a requirement. Candidate must be computer literate. Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad, general objectives, and limits. Typical duties and responsibilities may include design assist, planning, organizing. Supervising the work of other designers and engineers associated with team goals and objectives will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Architect may be assigned a variety of specific duties, which focus on individual and team growth expectations based on the needs of the office. The Architect may participate in any or all of the items listed below:
- Provides design and architectural service associated with commercial, healthcare and multi-family clients on new facilities, additions or for those being remodeled;
- Participate in marketing and business development efforts associated with the regional, national, and local development of select or focused clients;
- Oversee, review, and assist in the design and production of instruments of service to deliver our work to clients;
- Supervise team members to develop Revit models;
- Provide design support to deliver solutions schematically, technically, throughout all phases of the project when appropriate;
- Assist in the preparation of specifications;
- Do code research;
- Participate in the development of quality control procedures to accurately complete technical documents. Recommend updated procedures and methods where appropriate;
- Review and process project correspondence;
- Participate with team members to monitor budget to ensure the project is progressing in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current and prospective clients.
- Visit project sites during construction to ensure quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards.
- Keep abreast of changes, new technology, trends, and innovative best practices in area of expertise and recommend changes and new services as appropriate.
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, while providing opportunities for leadership development.
- QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture.
- SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks that require both directed activities and independent judgments when setting task priorities, evaluating results, coordinating with others, etc. Occasionally required to work or attend meetings beyond the normal workday. Decisions affect the work of other work group disciplines.
Applicant is required to have a good general working knowledge of architecture and design. Able to operate computer and a variety of software programs such as Revit, CADD, MS Office, Adobe, Power Point, 3D Studio, Lumion 3D, Graphics Editor, Internet, e-mail, plus office equipment such as printers, plotters, copiers, etc. Applicant can solve a variety of problems in situations where only limited standardization exists. Demonstrate ability to be courteous with tact necessary to effectively work with others in every day working relationships. Good communication and human relation skills.
Why studio951 a division of Shive-Hattery?
Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will develop your skills while continuing to grow professionally at Studio951 a division of Shive-Hattery.
About the Omaha Office
Studio951’s Omaha office is in an 8,100 square foot co-working & business incubator space owned by I See It Ventures at 7305 Main St in Ralston, NE. The office is directly next to our historic Ralston Granary Redevelopment project which Studio951 is the architect.
The co-working space is temporary, and if working in the Omaha office, you should expect a permanent private space within the four months.
- Located within the future Ralston Hinge Project Redevelopment
- 10 minutes from the interstate
- Sense of community amongst other businesses in the co-working space
- Space for collaboration
- Space for private meetings and breakout sessions
- Close to entertainment (Bushwackers Saloon, Ralston Arena, Horsemen’s Park Racetrack (and future casino), etc.
Omaha is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, several nationally recognized hospitals and research centers, and is the largest metropolitan area in Nebraska with a population just short of one million. This population is spread across a variety of suburbs including Ralston. It's important to note that Omaha is more than a big metro… it is a community that fosters support for and celebrates its local entrepreneur and small business and has been proven to rally together around city-wide issues.
Omaha has been recognized multiple times in recent years as a top destination for young professionals, families, and retirees due especially to low unemployment rates, low cost of living, and an overall friendly climate, all while providing your idealistic “city life.”
With the various suburbs and niche communities as part of Omaha, there is a diverse range of cultures, businesses, and activities...something for everyone! Some of the exciting amenities immediate to Omaha include the Joslyn Art Museum, Durham Museum, The Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, Lauritzen Gardens, University of Nebraska - Omaha, Creighton University, Bob Kerry Pedestrian Bridge, The Annual College World Series, Maha Music Festival, and a Bi-Annual Omaha Fashion Week. The list continues with many outdoor recreational features for hiking and biking, boating and fishing on the river and local lakes, and a variety of golf courses.
Studio951 a division of Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package and extensive professional development opportunities.
Studio951 a division of Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes