Job ID 1812 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
The Desktop Support Technician will provide technical support, installation, and troubleshooting services to end-users who need assistance with their computer hardware, software, and mobile devices. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of Windows 10 and Office 365 products, a strong understanding of the client/server model, mobile device setup and support, and basic networking technologies. The candidate will exhibit excellent problem-solving skills, have a positive and friendly attitude, and will possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform Windows 10 installations, configurations, and problem resolution.
- Installation and problem resolution of Microsoft related technologies such as Office, Outlook, OneNote, Teams and OneDrive.
- Installation and problem resolution of all other company related software programs.
- Perform workstation and laptop builds, hardware replacement, pc reimaging, and driver installation services. Perform routine support and maintenance for our conference room technologies.
- Perform phone, web, video conferencing, and Instant Messaging support and problem resolution.
- Work closely with the Desktop Support Team to identify issues and provide solutions to emerging issues.
- Work with the System Admins utilizing basic networking tools such as ping, ipconfig, and Windows logs to identify, troubleshoot, and remediate local office networking, connectivity, and performance issues.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of company technologies and systems.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely and successful manner.
- Work with clients in a friendly and courteous manner when IT related emergencies arise.
- Associate Degree in the Information Technology field or 1 year of equivalent education or work experience.
- Strong understanding of Windows based computer and networking concepts and technologies.
- A general understanding of conference room technologies such as Teams, WebEx, and Zoom.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to maintain department goals.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Some travel will be required.
Comp TIA A+ Certification, Network+ Certification, or Microsoft 365 MDAA
About the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids Area:
The Iowa City-Cedar Rapids metro area is home to almost a half a million people and is consistently voted among the top places to live each year. Our community is teeming with vibrant energy from a diverse group of academics, medical professionals, and entrepreneurs. Whether you’re visiting the Ped Mall in downtown Iowa City or shopping in the NewBo district of Downtown Cedar Rapids, our area offers an assortment of locally owned restaurants, farmer’s markets, quirky shops, historical landmarks, breweries, and live entertainment venues. For the adventurous, the ICR Corridor boasts plenty of space to explore the great outdoors with a network of walking and bike trails, scenic lakes, and public parks that offer a variety of outdoor activities and recreation throughout the year.
- Iowa City voted #4 in top 100 places to live (livability.com)
- Iowa City #2 Most fitness-friendly places for 2020 (Smart Asset)
- Iowa City Named one of the best cities for creatives (Thrillist)
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits and a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes