Job ID 1796 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's office has an opening for a Structural Draftsperson with 7 plus years of drafting experience. A great opportunity to work with many technologies from 3D laser scanning to Virtual Reality goggles (coordination/collaboration). Join a team that focuses on professional growth in a teaching and learning environment. Full-time assignment shall be located in our Cedar Rapids, IA location.
- Have 7 plus years of experience using Revit, preferably structures.
- Have knowledge in commercial and/or industrial buildings.
- Ability to produce construction documents, including 3D model generation and detailing.
- Focused with great attention to detail.
- Computer literacy a must including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willing to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work.
- Experience with Revit importing/exporting with other modeling software (AutoCAD, Navisworks, etc.) and 3D scanning technology are not required but would be a plus.
- Ability to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Ability to travel with some limited overnights.
- Ability to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
- Ability to pass drug screen tests and background screening, which are both required at most industrial sites.
- Provide REVIT drawing production support of projects in the structural discipline and work well with structural engineers.
- Shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry.
- Work in a team environment and on multidiscipline projects.
- Effectively handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
About Cedar Rapids
Our Cedar Rapids office is in beautiful Downtown Cedar Rapids, with excellent local coffee shops within walking distance. Cedar Rapids is Iowa’s second largest city and is undergoing an incredible revitalization. You can check out the world class gallery at Legion Arts, take in a concert at McGrath Amphitheater, watch a play at Theatre Cedar Rapids, and much more, all within walking distance of our offices. To learn more about the Cedar Rapids community, view the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance website.
Benefits go beyond financial (possibility for paid overtime, profit sharing, matching 401K). You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes