Job ID 1815 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's community of mechanical engineers and designers is made up of a diverse range of experience, talent, education, background and expertise. Our team deliveres high-level industrial design to clients seeking future-forward solutions with technology and performance that enables them to stay competitive.
We’re seeking a Mechanical Process Designer in Cedar Rapids, IA. You’ll be a key member of our mechanical engineering community of practice, delivering innovative design solutions to industrial clients. As a design lead, you’ll work alongside multi-disciplinary teams who are passionate about research, design, and emerging technology.
Here’s how you’ll make our team even better:
- Use AutoCAD Plant 3D software to support projects delivering 3D piping models, isometric spool drawings, and piping plan layout drawings.
- Review shop drawings, field data collections, and field data entries.
- Embrace teamwork across disciplines. Our mechanical and process team is constantly coordinating with civil, structural, and electrical teams for all types of complex and unique projects.
- Collaborate, mentor and teach other team members in a learning environment that invests in your professional growth. Shive-Hattery professionals are encouraged to be leaders, present ideas and publish points of view.
- 3-5 years of experience in process piping design.
- Experience working with and reading piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process flow diagrams (PFDs), and block flow diagrams (BFDs).
- Working knowledge in aseptic/hygienic process piping design in pharmaceutical, food & beverage, bio-refinery, wastewater, and/or similar industrial markets and best design practices.
- Familiarity with piping materials and fittings.
- Ability to produce construction documents (isometric spool drawings, orthographic plan, and elevations, equipment layouts).
- Experience using 3D software (Navisworks/Autodesk Inventor/point clouds) and Microsoft Office software is preferred.
- Desire to collaborate and work with others.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize each step of a project effectively and efficiently.
- Professional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Ability to travel with some limited overnights.
- Ability to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
- Ability to pass drug screen tests and background screening, which are both required at most industrial sites.
About Cedar Rapids:
Our Cedar Rapids office is in beautiful Downtown Cedar Rapids, with excellent local coffee shops within walking distance. Cedar Rapids is Iowa’s second largest city and is undergoing an incredible revitalization. You can check out the world class gallery at Legion Arts, take in a concert at McGrath Amphitheater, watch a play at Theatre Cedar Rapids, and much more, all within walking distance of our offices. To learn more about the Cedar Rapids community, view the Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance website.
Benefits go beyond financial (possibility for paid overtime, profit sharing, matching 401K). You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes