Job ID 1140831 Location Iowa City, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Iowa City office seeks an entry level Electrical Engineer with zero to two years of experience. Prior intern experience in power and lighting systems a plus but not required.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experienced in 3D modeling, Revit preferred. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel is desired
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members, and have good interpersonal skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Work in a team setting with other electrical team members and disciplines such as mechanical, structural, architectural and civil
- Work on a variety of electrical projects across our market sectors. Common projects include government facilities, healthcare, industrial, commercial and education facilities
- Produce construction drawings using Revit 3D modeling software.
- Assist with electrical design for building systems including power, lighting, communications and fire alarm
- Visit project sites to assist with measuring, data collection and construction observation duties
- Manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of electrical engineers and designers
About the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids Area:
The Iowa City-Cedar Rapids metro area is home to almost a half a million people and is consistently voted among the top places to live each year. Our community is teeming with vibrant energy from a diverse group of academics, medical professionals, and entrepreneurs. Whether you’re visiting the Ped Mall in downtown Iowa City or shopping in the NewBo district of Downtown Cedar Rapids, our area offers an assortment of locally owned restaurants, farmer’s markets, quirky shops, historical landmarks, breweries, and live entertainment venues. For the adventurous, the ICR Corridor boasts plenty of space to explore the great outdoors with a network of walking and bike trails, scenic lakes, and public parks that offer a variety of outdoor activities and recreation throughout the year.
- Iowa City voted #4 in top 100 places to live (livability.com)
- Iowa City #2 Most fitness-friendly places for 2020 (Smart Asset)
- Iowa City Named one of the best cities for creatives (Thrillist)
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes