Job ID 1022 Location Bloomington, IL Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening in our Bloomington office for an Architect with ten to twenty years of experience.The candidate should possess experience in the healthcare and commercial markets. Experience in Education markets would also be beneficial.
Under the direction of the Team Leader, this Design Professional performs a variety of duties associated with design expertise on projects and design-related services, to assist in achieving desired client satisfaction, and business results. This position involves design knowledge-based experience while working with market focused and production team members in the timely, professional, and accurate production of various design documents, contracts, computer generated renderings, technical drawings, code research, Revit models, or other items associated with the delivery of architectural design services. Participation in applicable AIA, NCARB, and/or community activities is preferred.
This position works closely with office leadership to plan and develop architectural and engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial problems, which have an important effect on client driver outcomes and programs. Maintains liaison with individuals and units within or outside the organization with responsibility for acting independently and in conjunction with team objectives on matters pertaining to his/her field.
Must have business development skills and be able to generate new clients and focus on retaining and growing existing clients within the process of project performance. Candidate must be computer literate. Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad, general objectives, and limits. Typical duties and responsibilities may include design leadership, planning, organizing, and supervising the work of a medium size staff of architects, engineers, designers, and drafters associated with team goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Architect may be assigned a variety of specific duties, which focus on individual and team growth expectations based on the needs of the office. The Architect may participate in any or all of the items listed below:
- Lead the marketing and business development efforts associated with the regional, and local development of healthcare, commercial and other projects for the building team;
- Provides design and architectural leadership associated with new facilities, additions or for those being remodeled;
- Assist in the development of research, cost data for the systems of both new construction, and remodel projects;
- Consult with clients to determine the requirements and best practice components for systems and practices to meet their needs;
- Oversee, review, and assist in the design and production of instruments of service to deliver our work to clients;
- Work with team members to develop Revit models;
- Provide design expertise to deliver solutions schematically, technically, throughout all phases of the project when appropriate;
- Assist in the preparation of specifications;
- Do code research;
- Participate in the development of quality control procedures to accurately complete technical documents. Recommend updated procedures and methods where appropriate;
- Review and process project correspondence;
- Indirectly supervise team member and core team members;
- Participate with team members to monitor budget to ensure the project is progressing in a cost effective and timely manner;
- Attend meetings with clients and promote positive client contact with current and prospective clients;
- Visit project sites during construction to ensure quality, progress, and compliance with specifications and standards;
- Keep abreast of changes, new technology, trends, and innovative best practices in area of expertise and recommend changes and new services as appropriate;
- Participate as a team member, contributing ideas and possible solutions, while providing opportunities for leadership development;
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with ten to twenty years of progressively responsible experience in a related position.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks that require both directed activities and independent judgments when setting task priorities, evaluating results, coordinating with others, etc.Will be required to work or attend meetings beyond the normal workday.Decisions affect the work of other work group disciplines.
Applicant is requires to have a good general working knowledge of architecture and design. Able to operate computer and a variety of software programs such as Revit, CADD, MS Office, Adobe, Power Point, 3D Studio, Lumion 3D, Graphics Editor, Internet, e-mail, plus office equipment such as printers, plotters, copiers, etc. Applicant is able to solve a variety of problems in situations where only limited standardization exists. Demonstrate ability to be courteous with tact necessary to effectively work with others in every day working relationships. Good communication and human relation skills.
Minimum Requirements:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to travel for work related activities is required.
The people who practice here love the responsibility they have to do what they're passionate about. Our company culture is focused around mentorship and collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees. You’ll be able to work across disciplines, grow your skills and continue learning. If you are ready to take a step towards your future, we want to talk to you.
The Bloomington-Normal area is a vibrant community, home to 167,699 people who exemplify the values of the Midwest and a remarkable quality of life. Located in the heart of Illinois at the intersections of 39, 55 and 74 you are two hours from Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis.
Our office in Bloomington is a tight knit group of professionals who love living in one of America’s best college towns. Bloomington was ranked the #7 Best Small City for Educated Millennials in 2015 by the American Institute for Economic Research.
Find out more about Bloomington
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No