Job ID 1425 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive Hattery is ready to grow our architecture group as well as our design presence within the corridor. We’re looking for a self-motivated passionate Entry-Level Architect to be part of our creative architectural group. As an architecture and engineering firm you will have the opportunity to work hand in hand with engineers and designers in addition to work across offices on a wide variety of project types under the supervision of the project architect. Candidates will also have the opportunity to be mentored by knowledgeable and experienced architects to help them advance in their careers as well as mentor their progress through the licensure process.
Culture is a crucial element in allowing an architecture group to reach their full potential. The candidate should be outgoing, team player, possess a positive can-do attitude, hardworking, and be self-motivated.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats
- Production and coordination of construction documents
- Produce graphics materials and images for client presentations.
- Attend project and client meetings with project architects
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects
- Assists in the architectural design of projects from the conceptual phase through construction administration.
- Assists in designing interiors based on client vision and architectural needs and requirements that are set forth by the project architects.
- Assists with client presentations, shop drawing review, and construction administration.
- Attend in-house project team meetings.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in architecture from accredited program is required.
- Be creative, engaging, energetic, and possess people values
- Enthusiastic about working in a team environment
- Basic knowledge of construction documents and technology
- Knowledge of sustainable building design is beneficial
- Ability to diagram concepts and clearly sketch ideas
- Basic software and computer skills required including AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), 3DRendering Programs.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Professional Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes