Job ID 1930 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Des Moines office has an immediate opening for an Architect on our Building Team that focuses in Government, Education, Healthcare, Commercial, Industrial and Sports.
- This position applies to individuals with 5 - 10 years' experience.
- Completion of accredited professional degree program with a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in architecture, or equivalent in appropriate education and experience. Registered Architect is a requirement.
- Basic knowledge of design of architectural systems, construction documentation and associated technology.
- Demonstrate a high degree of aptitude in critical, creative thinking associated with design and the design process.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of architectural specifications, international building codes, life safety code and current ADA requirements.
- Knowledge of programming, planning and building performance is beneficial.
- Qualifications/Proficiencies consistent with mid-level experience for a motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; capable of designing projects for high quality clients.
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently. Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office and Google SketchUp is required. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Participate and contribute in design and project management with design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, modeling and 3D image formats.
- Production and coordination of design process and technical documents under.
- Creation of graphical images.
- Design and detailing in Revit
- Attend project and client meetings.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects.
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constrains, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
About the Des Moines Office
Greater Des Moines region, home to more than half a million people. While being the fastest growing metro in the Midwest (according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016) it remains #2 as the “Most Affordable Place to Live” (U.S. News & World Report, 2016). The Des Moines metro regularly tops lists as one of the best cities to live in the country - 26 top ten lists in the two years, in fact!
- Arts and Culture
- Des Moines Events
- Historic East Village Shopping
- Historic Valley Junction
- Jordan Creek Town Center
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park
Learn more about this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes