Job ID 1933 Location Cedar Rapids, IA | Iowa City, IA | Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening in our Quad Cities office for an Interior Designer with three to five years of experience.
Shive-Hattery Inc. is an architecture and engineering firm with a regional practice in healthcare, government, commercial, industrial and education. We believe unparalleled service has contributed to our long-term success and given us the opportunity to practice our passion for design. We are looking for a motivated Designer who shares our passion and collaborative style and wants the opportunity for professional growth in our Quad City Office.
- Engage with the project team from programming/scope definition, design, and documentation through implementation
- Collaborate with the project architect and / or senior Interior Designer on all aspects of project delivery
- Assist in design presentation development
- Revit/BIM modeling and project documentation
- Follow project development and production standards
- Continuous personal improvement and education
- Display strong creative interior design skills including concept development, hand sketching, and selection of colors, materials, finishes and furniture
- Overall knowledge of the design process, including design documentation, FF&E specifications, color and materials
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects in various phases
- Organized, detail oriented and thorough work style demonstrating pride and ownership in the quality of work
- Resourceful, innovative and proactive and have the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
- Graduate of an accredited Interior Design Program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design
- NCIDQ Certification or the goal to become certified
- Prior experience in interiors projects required (Commercial workplace, education, and healthcare a bonus)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating built interior design experience (including furniture specifications, products and materials)
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch-up or Enscape, Adobe Creative Suites, Microsoft Office Suite and/or other related graphic software programs is expected
- Ability to interpret construction documents and specification and has knowledge of interior code requirements, construction administration procedures and mechanical/electrical/plumbing systems
- Ability to work in all phases of small to medium sized projects
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
About the Quad Cities Office:
Located in Bettendorf, Iowa North of 53rd Avenue in the heart of a new business district development. The office is a brand-new facility opened in July 2021. The office is surrounded by multiple restaurants and business’ within walking distance. We are only minutes from I-74 and I-80 highways for easy access to all parts of the city and our region.
The Quad Cities is home to several Fortune 500 corporations including John Deere, 3M, Exelon and Arconic. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in Northwestern Illinois and Southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success create a robust and continually growing economy.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes