Job ID 1306 Location Bloomington, IL Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Bloomington office has an opportunity for a licensed Civil Engineer with five plus years of experience.
Are you ready to take on a leadership role? With Shive-Hattery, you will build your career with unmatched opportunity to:
- Build client relationships.
- Mentor and lead design staff.
- Lead project teams to achieve client objectives
- Enjoy being a part of something local, and something much bigger at the same firm
- Proven ability to develop and maintain great client relationships with new and existing clients.
- Civil engineer with a minimum of 5+ years of experience.
- Experience focused in civic engineering, including water/wastewater design and transportation design.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer and, if licensed in another state, able to obtain licensure in the state of Illinois.
- Technical proficiency in AutoCAD, Civil 3D, PondPack and StormCAD a plus
The people who practice here love the responsibility they have to do what they're passionate about. Our company culture is focused around mentorship and collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees. You’ll be able to work across disciplines, grow your skills and continue learning. If you are ready to take a step towards your future, we want to talk to you.
“Moving to Shive-Hattery from another firm was one of the best decisions I made. My career didn’t just pick up where I’d left off – it really took off! This is because Shive-Hattery provided me with endless opportunities to serve in leadership roles or to pursue those interests that really keep me engaged. And living and working in Bloomington-Normal has been fantastic these last ten years. There’s plenty of good entertainment options, but still a safe cozy place that my family can call home.”
– Mike Sewell, PE, LEED AP, Civil Engineer
The Bloomington-Normal area is a vibrant community, home to 167,699 people who exemplify the values of the Midwest and a remarkable quality of life. Located in the heart of Illinois at the intersections of 39, 55 and 74 you are two hours from Chicago, St. Louis and Indianapolis.
Our office in Bloomington is a tight knit group of professionals who love living in one of America’s best college towns. Bloomington was ranked the #7 Best Small City for Educated Millennials in 2015 by the American Institute for Economic Research.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes