Location Madison, WI Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery’s office is near downtown Madison – 811 E. Washington Ave, Suite 400
Launch your mechanical engineering career with a growing Madison design team. You’ll be part of an inclusive team of Mechanical, Electrical, Structural and Civil Engineers. Experience a variety of design projects for government, healthcare, industrial, commercial and education clients working side-by-side with design mentors.
Access the latest design technology, including Revit 3D modeling software. Assist with mechanical design for building systems including HVAC, plumbing, piping and fire protection. Gain experience on project sites assisting with measuring, data collection, construction observation duties and building relationships with clients and contractors.
- Work in a team setting with other mechanical team members and disciplines such as Electrical, Structural, Architectural and Civil
- Work on a variety of mechanical projects across our market sectors. Common projects include government facilities, healthcare, industrial, commercial and education facilities
- Produce construction drawings using Revit 3D modeling software.
- Assist with mechanical design for building systems including HVAC, plumbing, piping and fire protection
- Visit project sites to assist with measuring, data collection and construction observation duties
- Manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail
- Work under the supervision and mentoring of mechanical engineers and designers
"Following the project process and seeing an owner’s vision come to fruition brings professional satisfaction. I enjoy working with multi-discipline teams and participating in the push and pull required to get to the best solution."
Does this sound like you?
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or architectural engineering with an HVAC emphasis.
- Experienced in 3D modeling, Revit preferred.
- Prior intern experience in HVAC and building systems is a plus but not required.
- Manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing and prioritizing with attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
About the Madison Community:
Madison is home to one of our newest and fastest-growing offices. This opportunity will allow you to work in a city ranking near the top of many “Best of” lists with a reputation as one of America’s greenest cities.
There is never a shortage of outdoor entertainment whether in the heat of the summer or the cold of a Midwest winter. The city of Madison is home to 260 parks with over 5,000 acres of parklands to explore. Five lakes with easy access provide endless opportunities for outdoor water fun for anyone who enjoys the water. This active city has more bikes than cars, with more than 75 miles of bike paths and provides residents with a perfect mix of big-city vibrancy with a small-town charm. Being located between Chicago and Minneapolis, Madison is a perfect spot for attracting national musical, theater, and a robust arts scene. The local food and beverage industries give locals a variety of dining options to meet a diverse mix of residents.
As the home to the flagship University of Wisconsin, area residents benefit from art, culture, and entertainment opportunities associated with the university. As the capital city of Wisconsin, Madison has a flourishing and stable economy. Come join our team and you will see why we love our Madison home!
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: No