Job ID 1953 Location South Bend, IN Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Congratulations on what you have accomplished thus far!
- Earned your bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in architecture.
- Learned design of architectural systems and construction documentation.
- Excelled with Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and Google SketchUp.
- Studied architectural specifications, international building codes, life safety code, and current ADA requirements.
Shive-Hattery’s South Bend office welcomes you as a Graduate Architect!
Join motivated and creative professionals to design a variety of high-quality projects spanning Public Safety, Healthcare, Industrial, Commercial and private developments. You will expand your knowledge of programming, planning, and building performance.
Beyond technical skill development, you will strengthen critical, creative thinking associated with design and the design process. As a self-motivated problem-solver who can work independently, you will continue to develop excellent communication skills – soft skills that are so important to becoming a lead design architect.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Production and coordination of design process and technical documents under the direction of a licensed design professional.
- Creation of graphical images.
- Design and detailing in Revit.
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects.
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constrains, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. For example, in August 2021, Shive-Hattery architects and interior designers came together to “swarm” in Madison, Wisconsin. This event was so successful, that Shive-Hattery has committed to allowing designers across the company to come together on a regular basis.
“By combining the talent of our expert architects and interior designers, we will enhance our knowledge and combine our skill sets to become a stronger and more talented firm. One of the most powerful tools we have is to appreciate one another. In doing so, we will foster stronger relationships, meaningful friendships, and heightened expectations of our career and business to truly flourish in our architectural design. The one firm mentality is of utmost importance, and by swarming together, we can harvest the talent of our collective sHive-mind.” Architectural Swarming Committee Statement
Learn more about this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live. Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package and extensive professional development opportunities.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes