Job ID 1955 Location Chicago, IL Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening in our Chicago office for an Interior Design Technician with zero to three years of professional experience.
We are a full-service design firm offering interior design, architecture, engineering, and landscape architecture. You will be an integral member of the design team working on all phases and aspects of our varied projects.
- Entry level position and applies to individuals with up to three years' experience.
- Completion of accredited professional degree program with a Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Interior Design
- NCIDQ Certification or the ability to become certified
- Ability to develop, communicate, and present design concepts with the project team, to the client, and to outside vendors/agencies.
- Demonstrate a high degree of aptitude in critical, creative thinking associated with design and the design process.
- Basic knowledge of programming, space planning, and construction documentation.
- Basic knowledge of materials, finishes, furnishings, and equipment including industry standards for selection, procurement, and install management of such items.
- Basic understanding of international building codes, life safety code and current ADA requirements.
- Qualifications/Proficiencies-motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; capable of or exhibiting interest in designing workplace, commercial, healthcare, higher education, industrial, and/or multi-family housing projects.
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently. Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Google SketchUp is required. Working knowledge of AutoCAD is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats.
- Production and coordination of design process and technical documents under the direction of a licensed design professional.
- Creation of graphical and presentation images and finish boards.
- Design and detailing in Revit.
- Attend project and client meetings with design professionals.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes