Job ID 1963 Location Companywide Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
As Shive-Hattery’s Learning and Development Manager, you will design, develop, and implement companywide training programs. This newly created position will enhance a learning and teaching culture to help an inclusive mix of design professionals flourish. You have an opportunity to build and be the “dean” of Shive-Hattery University.
Collaborate with technical experts and department leaders from around the company to program learning aligned with the fast-changing architectural and engineering (AE) industry. Starting from a solid foundation, you will develop and facilitate new programs to enhance learning. Guide and counsel Shive-Hattery leaders to further enrich the continuous and never-ending learning journey.
Other roles and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate employee onboarding and orientation
- Develop and facilitate learning to meet various learning styles
- Assist in the development and deployment of leadership training
- Develop and facilitate new and innovative formal and informal learning opportunities
- Identify knowledge and skill gaps to create industry applicable curriculum and programs
- Build, manage, and leverage collaborative partnerships with content contributors across the firm
- Manage the learning programs through Paylocity, the Human Resources Information System
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human resources or related field
- Five or more years managing learning and development
- Experience in employee development across various professional experience levels
- Experience in training the trainer strategies
- Experience in writing curriculum
- Project management skills with the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment
- Facilitator and presentation skills for small group and large group environments
- Open to traveling two or three times a month
- Have or be able to obtain certification from learning and development industry organization
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes