Job ID 1966 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office has an opportunity for an curious and energetic entry level structural engineer with zero to two years of experience. You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
- Graduate Engineering student with a structural engineering emphasis.
- Master's in structural engineering is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to sit for the Iowa PE exam once required experience has been obtained.
- Must be self-motivated and have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with RISA structural analysis programs and Revit desired.
- Work in a team setting with other structural team members and disciplines to work on a variety of structural projects across our market sectors.
- Provide design and drawing production support of projects in the structural discipline.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry.
- Will work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several licensed structural engineers.
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Must have the ability to travel with some limited overnights.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
Beautiful, New Quad Cities Office
Shive-Hattery’s new Quad Cities location is at 56th Street and 18th Avenue in Bettendorf, Iowa. Open in July 2021, the new office showcases what we deliver to our clients through strong collaboration, problem solving and good design. Features include:
- Walking distance to an office park
- Collaboration space
- Large break room
- Dedicated virtual reality area
- More meeting and breakout space
- Outdoor seating area adjacent to break room
You will find one of the several John Deere offices based in the Quad Cities along some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area, including 3M, Exelon, and Arconic. It is not all big business here though. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success creates a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, Taxslayer Center , Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, and Modern Woodmen Ballpark (was recently recognized as the "Best Minor League Ballpark" in America by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes