Job ID 1966 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office has an opportunity for an curious and energetic entry level Structural Engineer with zero to two years of experience. You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
Shive-Hattery Inc. is an architecture and engineering firm with a regional practice in healthcare, government, commercial, industrial and education. We believe unparalleled service has contributed to our long-term success and given us the opportunity to practice our passion for design. We are looking for a motivated Engineer who shares our passion and collaborative style and wants the opportunity for professional growth in our Quad City Office.
- Graduate Engineering student with a structural engineering emphasis.
- Master's in structural engineering is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to sit for the Iowa PE exam once required experience has been obtained.
- Must be self-motivated and have good attention to detail.
- Must be able to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with RISA structural analysis programs and Revit desired.
- Work in a team setting with other structural team members and disciplines to work on a variety of structural projects across our market sectors.
- Provide design and drawing production support of projects in the structural discipline.
- Additional responsibilities include shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry.
- Will work under the direct supervision and mentoring of several licensed structural engineers.
- Must be able to drive and have access to an automobile.
- Must have the ability to travel with some limited overnights.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work off of elevated platforms and open grating.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment required for specific clients and sites.
About the Quad Cities Office:
Located in Bettendorf, Iowa North of 53rd Avenue in the heart of a new business district development. The office is a brand-new facility opened in July 2021. The office is surrounded by multiple restaurants and business’ within walking distance. We are only minutes from I-74 and I-80 highways for easy access to all parts of the city and our region.
The Quad Cities is home to several Fortune 500 corporations including John Deere, 3M, Exelon and Arconic. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in Northwestern Illinois and Southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success create a robust and continually growing economy.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes