Job ID 1960 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
This Design Professional will perform a variety of duties associated with support of building enclosure design on a variety of Public / Government, Higher Education, Healthcare, K-12 Education, Industrial and Commercial Projects. This position involves adapting drafting design knowledge and experience with a focus on the exterior building enclosure.
- Assist the Building Enclosure Commissioning Providers in reviewing and testing building enclosures in the field.
- Record site conditions and observations using written documentation and mobile apps.
- Work with testing equipment for windows and walls against water intrusion and setting up and observing building pressure testing for tightness of construction.
- Timely, professional, and accurate production of design documents associated with the delivery of building enclosure design services for new and existing building projects.
- Clear communication with other professionals within the building team to understand assigned tasks and work independently to provide roof design and documentation.
- Adapt to different project delivery methods required by clients and production team members.
- Candidate should have a basic working knowledge of construction techniques related to architectural principles.
- Drafting design knowledge and experience using Revit, AutoCAD, and MS Office.
- Exhibit the desire and willingness to learn new information through one-on-one training and written resources to develop the knowledge to a be a skilled building enclosure technician.
- Assist in problem solving and adapting to differing building project types.
- Ability to market building enclosure services and interact with clients in a professional manner as a representative of Shive-Hattery.
- Accredited programs in Building Technology, Construction Management or Architectural Drafting are deemed essential backgrounds for this role.
- An ability or ambition to obtain a Registered Roofing Observer and/or Registered Roofing Consultant credential is desired.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Regular site visits to conduct construction observation under varying climate conditions. Applicant will encounter exposure to conditions of active construction and walking on uneven ground. Will be required to setup building enclosure commissioning testing equipment. The candidate must be comfortable with climbing ladders and walking roofs while adhering to company and OSHA safety standards, policies, practices and procedures.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
About the Des Moines Office
Greater Des Moines region, home to more than half a million people. While being the fastest growing metro in the Midwest (according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016) it remains #2 as the “Most Affordable Place to Live” (U.S. News & World Report, 2016). The Des Moines metro regularly tops lists as one of the best cities to live in the country - 26 top ten lists in the two years, in fact!
- Arts and Culture
- Des Moines Events
- Historic East Village Shopping
- Historic Valley Junction
- Jordan Creek Town Center
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park
Learn more about this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes