Job ID 1439 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Cedar Rapids office has an immediate opening a for Process Designer with 3-5 years of experience in aseptic/hygienic process piping design in pharmaceutical, food & beverage, bio-refinery, wastewater, and/or similar industrial markets.
- 3-5 years in process piping design
- Experience using AutoCAD Plant 3D is a plus
- Fluent reading piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), process flow diagrams(PFDs), and block flow diagrams (BFDs)
- Working knowledge of best practices for aseptic/hygienic piping design
- Ability to produce construction documents (isometric spool drawings, orthographic plan and elevations, equipment layouts)
- Experience creating detailed 3D models of equipment using Autodesk Inventor, or similar part modeling software.
- Familiarity with piping materials and fittings
- Background with Navisworks/point clouds for coordination with other disciplines
- Experience working with point clouds and integrating in designs is a plus
- Computer literacy is a must including Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to collaborate with other team members and have good interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused, with great attention to detail
- Willing to grow in a continuous teaching and learning environment
- Must be quality minded and self-motivate
- Provide AutoCAD Plant 3D drawing production support for projects delivering 3D piping models, isometric spool drawings, and piping plan layout drawings.
- Shop drawing review, field data collections and field data entry
- Work in a team environment with multidiscipline projects
- Effectively handle multiple projects and multiple deadlines
The people who practice here love the responsibility they have to do what they're passionate about. Our company culture is focused around mentorship and collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees. You will have the opportunity to work across disciplines, grow your skills and continue learning every day. S-H offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm.
About Cedar Rapids
Our Cedar Rapids office is in beautiful Downtown Cedar Rapids, with excellent local coffee shops within walking distance. Cedar Rapids is Iowa’s second largest city and is undergoing an incredible revitalization. You can check out the world class gallery at Legion Arts, take in a concert at McGrath Amphitheater, watch a play at Theatre Cedar Rapids, and much more, all within walking distance of our offices. Need more Cedar Rapids community information, maybe use a link to Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance video? (https://www.cedarrapids.org/our-region/workforce-toolkit)
You will live and work in a vibrant community where work-life balance is possible. You will work in a culture that values self-motivated people, appreciates problem solvers and provides opportunities you seek.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes