Job ID 1968 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
The Help Desk Technician will provide first level support to end-users who need assistance with their computer hardware, software and mobile devices. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of Windows 10 and Office 365 products, mobile device setup and support, and basic networking technologies. The candidate will exhibit excellent problem-solving skills, have a positive and friendly attitude, and will possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Accurate and timely completion of work orders as assigned by the Help Desk Coordinator
- Perform Windows 10 installations, configurations and problem resolution.
- Installation and problem resolution of Microsoft related technologies such as Office, Outlook, OneNote, Teams and OneDrive.
- Installation and problem resolution of all other company related software programs.
- Perform workstation and laptop builds, hardware replacement, PC reimaging, and driver installation services. Perform routine support and maintenance for our conference room technologies.
- Perform phone, web, video conferencing, and Instant Messaging support and problem resolution.
- Work closely with the Help Desk Team to identify issues and provide solutions to emerging issues.
- Utilize basic networking tools such as ping, ipconfig, and Windows logs to identify and troubleshoot network, connectivity, and performance issues.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of company technologies and systems.
- Work with clients in a friendly and courteous manner when IT related emergencies arise.
- Strong understanding of Windows based computer and networking concepts and technologies.
- A general understanding of conference room technologies such as Teams, WebEx, and Zoom.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Willingness to maintain department goals.
- Ability to lift 35lbs.
- This position would be located onsite. Remote arrangements are currently not available. However, some travel may be required.
- Comp TIA A+ Certification, Network+ Certification, or Microsoft 365 MDAA
About the Des Moines Office
Greater Des Moines region, home to more than half a million people. While being the fastest growing metro in the Midwest (according to the U.S. Census Bureau, 2016) it remains #2 as the “Most Affordable Place to Live” (U.S. News & World Report, 2016). The Des Moines metro regularly tops lists as one of the best cities to live in the country - 26 top ten lists in the two years, in fact!
- Arts and Culture
- Des Moines Events
- Historic East Village Shopping
- Historic Valley Junction
- Jordan Creek Town Center
- Pappajohn Sculpture Park
Learn more about this welcoming, vibrant and affordable place to live.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes