Job ID 1970 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Quad Cities office has an immediate opening for a Land Surveyor with zero (0) to two (2) years of experience.
- Survey Crew experience on boundary, topographic and construction staking surveys is a plus.
- Experience with electronic total station, data collectors and GPS equipment is a plus.
- Ability to interpret construction plans
- Ability to perform horizontal and vertical survey calculations is a plus.
- Ability to work with design engineers, clients, contractors, and the general public
- Limited Experience with AutoCad 3D is a plus.
- Surveying for construction staking, topographic surveys and boundary surveys
- Work under the supervision of Senior Surveyors
- Processing field data and drafting topographic and boundary surveys
About the Quad Cities Office:
Located along the banks of the Mississippi River in historic downtown Moline, the busy city life surrounds us each day. From our office you can see the unique west-to-east bend of the river and the tree line along the Rock Island Arsenal, a major military installation. Just down the road you will find one of the several John Deere offices based in the Quad Cities. Some other Fortune 500 corporations in our area include 3M, Exelon, and Arconic; it’s not all big business here though. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in northwestern Illinois and southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses, locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success creates a robust and continually growing economy.
There are many exciting amenities that thrive here including the Figge Art Museum, Putnam Museum, Quad City Symphony Orchestra, Bix 7 Road Race, PGA John Deere Classic, Quad Cities Marathon, TaxSlayer Center, and Modern Woodmen Ballpark (was recently recognized as the "Best Minor League Ballpark" in America by USA Today readers). The list goes on with many outdoor recreational features, including the Great River Trail for biking, hiking and walking (over 100 miles of trails); numerous local, county, and state parks; boating and fishing opportunities in the Mississippi and Rock Rivers; and access to exceptional golf courses, just to name a few.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package, and extensive professional development opportunities.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes