Job ID 1973 Location Cedar Rapids, IA | Iowa City, IA | Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Workplace Type On-Site Apply Now
- Ready for a change in your land surveying career?
- Ready for a leadership position?
- Ready for projects in the education, healthcare, industrial, commercial and government markets?
- Join the Shive-Hattery team and experience projects in all of these markets.
Shive-Hattery has a position available for a licensed professional land surveyor to be the Survey Group Leader in our Iowa City Office. As the Survey Group Leader, you will be responsible for managing the day to day schedule of the other surveyors as well leading the survey portion of larger projects. This role will also be the project manager for survey only projects.
- Professional Licensed Land Surveyor in Iowa or the ability to obtain one within twelve months.
- Ability to prepare survey plats, exhibits, descriptions and ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys.
- Ability to manage construction staking projects.
- Ability to operate and maintain surveying equipment including but not limited to robotic total stations, GPS receivers, data collectors/controllers and automatic levels.
- Experienced in Autodesk Civil 3D or similar programs (Civil 3D preferred).
- Strong communication and collaboration skills necessary to lead survey technicians and work with diverse clients and design teams.
Shive-Hattery strives to provide outstanding client service and provide rewarding careers to our employees. Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you must be willing to mentor and teach other employees while continuing to develop your skills to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes