Job ID 1279 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Are you passionate about technology and enjoy working with people and sharing your knowledge? As company-wide MEP BIM Manager you will work with Building Information Modeling Coordinators and various advisory groups across the design firm. You will develop BIM workflows, research new technology, promote efficient and effective use of BIM software of various groups of specialists across the company. You will also develop and deliver training to employees including new hires. Your leadership efforts will target improvement of project delivery and the client experience:
- Lead Mechanical and Electrical Revit Configuration teams to identify development needs to improve workflows and project team efficiency.
- Lead Mechanical and Electrical BIM Coordinator teams in training and implementation of updated workflows.
- Provide consistency across offices as a resource in the use of design technologies.
- Monitor trade related publications to identify emerging technologies that may impact how Shive-Hattery delivers projects.
- A minimum 5 years in building design/construction industry
- Extensive experience with Revit MEP
- Knowledge of Dynamo would be ideal
- Must be knowledgeable in multi-discipline workflows including architecture as well as building engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Planning and team management skills
This position will be located in our Corporate Office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
“Among many things for which I enjoy every day here as Architectural/ Structural BIM Manager is witnessing the contributions to the ocean of knowledge made by every member of the company. I am then able to pick ideas that benefit others, share knowledge across the company and connect people of similar interests which creates an atmosphere of unity and excitement for learning. What is the most rewarding is being able to research, test and implement the new technologies and workflows that enhance project delivery.”
-Jakub Skalik, Architectural/Structural BIM Manager
About Cedar Rapids
Nicknamed the “City of Five Seasons,” Cedar Rapids offers plenty of ways to spend your “fifth season” (which is the season to enjoy winter, spring, summer and fall).
The Cedar River runs through Cedar Rapids, where the Five Seasons Water Ski Team performs. Pro sports happen year-round, with Kernels minor league baseball, Roughriders junior hockey, Titans pro indoor football and Rampage pro indoor soccer. If you’d rather play than watch from the stands, try the public baseball and softball fields, all-weather basketball courts, Frisbee golf courses, sand volleyball courts, soccer complex, BMX dirt track, 24 miles of trail systems, off-leash dog parks and 74 parks.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes