Job ID 1279 Location Companywide Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Are you passionate about technology and enjoy working with people and sharing your knowledge? As company-wide MEP BIM Manager you will work with Building Information Modeling Coordinators and various advisory groups across the design firm. You will develop BIM workflows, research new technology, as well as promote efficient and effective use of BIM software. You will also develop and deliver training to employees. Your leadership efforts will target improvement of project delivery and the client experience:
- Lead Mechanical and Electrical teams to identify development needs for BIM software.
- Educate and train Mechanical and Electrical design office BIM Coordinators and lead the implementation of updated workflows.
- Provide consistency across offices as a resource in the use of design technologies.
- Monitor trade related publications to identify emerging technologies that may impact how Shive-Hattery delivers projects and develop strategies to implement.
- Facilitate ongoing development of the company Revit start-up file.
- Create and manage new and existing BIM content.
- Promote one firm approach by encouraging and enforcing BIM standards.
- Regularly travel to our design offices.
- A minimum 5 years in building design/construction industry
- Extensive experience with Revit MEP
- Knowledge of additional Autodesk and BIM software would be ideal
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Planning and team management skills
This position will be located in any of our offices (Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska).
“Among many things for which I enjoy every day here as Architectural/ Structural BIM Manager is witnessing the contributions to the ocean of knowledge made by every member of the company. I am then able to pick ideas that benefit others, share knowledge across the company and connect people of similar interests which creates an atmosphere of unity and excitement for learning. What is the most rewarding is being able to research, test and implement the new technologies and workflows that enhance project delivery.”
-Jakub Skalik, Architectural/Structural BIM Manager
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Future Consideration: Yes