Job ID 1977 Location Iowa City, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Iowa City/Cedar Rapids (ICR) office has an immediate full-time opening for an Interior Designer with up to five years of experience.
We are a full-service design firm offering interior design, architecture, engineering, and landscape architecture. You will be an integral member of the design team working on all phases and aspects of our varied projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or equivalent
- NCIDQ Certification or the ability to become certified
- Ability to develop, communicate, and present design concepts with the project team, to the client, and to outside vendors/agencies
- LEED accreditation is a plus
- Experience or interest in working on commercial workplace, education, and healthcare projects
- Experience using REVIT, Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suites, Microsoft Office Suite, and/or other related graphic software programs is expected
- Current knowledge of materials, finishes, furnishings, and equipment; including industry standards for selection, procurement, and install management of such items
- Excellent communication skills
- Engage with the project team from programming/scope definition, design, and documentation through implementation
- Collaborate with the project architect and / or senior Interior Designer on all aspects of project delivery
- Assist in design presentation development
- Revit/BIM modeling and project documentation
- Follow project development and production standards
- Continuous personal improvement and education
About the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids Area:
The Iowa City-Cedar Rapids metro area is home to almost a half a million people and is consistently voted among the top places to live each year. Our community is teeming with vibrant energy from a diverse group of academics, medical professionals, and entrepreneurs. Whether you’re visiting the Ped Mall in downtown Iowa City or shopping in the NewBo district of Downtown Cedar Rapids, our area offers an assortment of locally owned restaurants, farmer’s markets, quirky shops, historical landmarks, breweries, and live entertainment venues. For the adventurous, the ICR Corridor boasts plenty of space to explore the great outdoors with a network of walking and bike trails, scenic lakes, and public parks that offer a variety of outdoor activities and recreation throughout the year.
- Iowa City voted #4 in top 100 places to live (livability.com)
- Iowa City #2 Most fitness-friendly places for 2020 (SmartAsset)
- Iowa City Named one of the best cities for creatives (Thrillist)
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes