Job ID 1134209 Location Valparaiso, IN Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Valparaiso office has an immediate opening for a Designer 2 level Architectural Designer. Candidate should possess zero to two years’ experience in working on moderately complex projects under general supervision.
The candidate will work full-time seeking growth opportunities with focus on BIM related current and emerging technologies. Candidate will be an integral member of a collaborative team of Engineers, Architects, and Designers working on all phases and aspects of our varied projects.
- Must be proficient in Revit to develop BIM models from proposal to construction document phase.
- Involve in and responsible for leading the preparation of design development and construction documents under guidance of an architect or interior designer.
- Must have a working knowledge of construction techniques and related architectural/engineering principles.
- Problem solving ability with regards to design refinements and BIM efficiencies.
- Collaborate with multi-discipline teams on projects on a regular basis.
- Knowledge of building codes and ability to research a plus.
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constrains, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Rendering techniques using Sketchup, Enscape and Lumion.
- Working knowledge of Point Clouds.
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes