Job ID 1130171 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's West Des Moines office has an immediate opening for a Transportation engineer with 5 to 10 years experience.
As a Transportation Engineer in our West Des Moines location you will design transportation projects and serve our clients with our team of experienced and motivated engineers. Our transportation engineering business is growing and you have the opportunity to be a key member of the team and grow your own career. We are seeking a candidate who has a passion to help make our clients successful, to design smart public improvements and to deliver quality work on schedule.
Responsibilities will include leading the design effort on transportation projects, being responsible for technical design decisions, and producing high quality design plans. Project types may include urban and rural roadway, bicycle and pedestrian improvements, storm sewer design, drainage studies, traffic studies, municipal and state projects. This position is anticipated to become a project delivery leader for Iowa DOT related projects.
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience related to roadway design
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and orally
- Professional engineer license in Iowa or the ability to obtain with 12 months
- Ability to work as a design leader
- Demonstrates an ability to be service oriented to existing and potential clients
- Experience with DOT standards and procedures, Iowa DOT experience is preferred
- Experience with Microstation, Geopak, Open Roads Designer Connect Edition Experience preferred
- Work collaboratively with teams on engineering tasks
- Duties will include preparation of Microstation drawings, reports and technical specifications
- Design tasks will include roadway design, trails, parking lots, site grading, drainage and storm sewer design, sanitary sewer design, water main design, project phasing, traffic control and other site design components
- Ability to work with other Engineers on multi-discipline teams
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organization and prioritization with attention to detail
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes