Job ID 1092899 Location Iowa City, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Position: Under the guidance of the Institutional Team Leader, the BIM Coordinator position performs a variety of duties associated with creating and development computer models, renderings, three-dimensional scans, and virtual reality content. This position involves working with all Architecture and Engineering disciplines within the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids locations as well as providing support and/or getting assistance from Corporate Project Delivery representatives and other BIM Coordinators across the company. Shive-Hattery works in a variety of project types. These are broken into five sectors: Government, Commercial, Industrial, Healthcare & Education. The responsibilities of this position could include working in all our market sectors.
Expectations of role: This position will offer opportunities to work with multiple project teams of Architects and Engineers within the Iowa City and Cedar Rapids locations and occasionally staff from one of our other offices. There will be coordination opportunities with other BIM Coordinators across the company and from our Corporate Office. The candidate must have experience working with multi-discipline project teams on building projects using AutoCAD and Revit. Basic knowledge of production software is a requirement, including but not limited to AutoCAD and Revit for the timely, professional, and accurate production of design documents, computer generated renderings, technical drawings and other items associated with the delivery of architectural design services.
This position requires working closely with project leadership to initiate project models, troubleshooting errors in production software, understanding and enforcing company production standards, and occasionally helping produce deliverable content to our clients. It requires communication skills with individuals within the organization with responsibility for acting independently on assigned tasks but in conjunction with the project’s objectives.
Skills and Knowledge: Applicant is required to have a good working knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office, PowerPoint, and have the knowledge and ability to produce renderings and other visual graphics using Sketchup, Rhino, Lumion, Enscape, Adobe products, and/or 3D Studio. Applicant is able to solve a variety of problems in situations where only limited standardization exists. Demonstrate ability to be courteous with tact necessary to effectively work with others using good communication and human relation skills.
Education: Graduate of an Architectural Technology program or equivalent.
Some specific tasks that will be expectations of the role include but are not limited to:
- Promote standard workflow and drawing graphic standards
- Identify training needs and inform Corporate BIM Managers
- Onboard new employees on REVIT, HIVE, and BIM 360
- Maintain library of standard details and REVIT templates
- Learn new features of Revit 2022 and teach others in ICR office when product released later this year
- Attend webinars and other education opportunities to learn about BIM and teach others
- Attend BIM Coordinator Meetings to share knowledge and information
- Work with PM to develop BIM execution plan (for projects without a trained job captain)
- Schedule and facilitate BIM kick-off meeting (for projects without a trained job captain)
- Coordinate with consultants on BIM 360 and Revit processes for project (for projects without a trained job captain)
- Perform clash detection on BIM 360 for use by design team (for projects without a trained job captain)
- Archive model at project milestones (for projects without a trained job captain)
- Weekly publish models (for projects without a trained job captain)
- Revit model setup
- Establish coordinates
- Cross-link models
- Answer day to day – How do I do this in Revit questions
- Solve BIM project issues – May get pushed up to Corporate staff
- BIM 360 project administration (add team members, setup permissions and folders)
- Run audits and health checks on models
- Assist in model setup for VR/Enscape visualization
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes