Job ID 1161473 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Three reasons to join Shive-Hattery’s Water-Wastewater Group:
1. Better career path.
2. Beautiful, new office.
3. Caring team ready to welcome you.
Shive-Hattery Inc. is an architecture and engineering firm with a regional practice in healthcare, government, commercial, industrial and education. We believe unparalleled service has contributed to our long-term success and given us the opportunity to practice our passion for design. We are looking for a motivated Wastewater Engineer who shares our passion and collaborative style and wants the opportunity for professional growth in our Quad City Office.
Better Career Path
As a licensed professional engineer, you can lead a diverse range of water and wastewater infrastructure projects. This includes design, client contact, business development, mentoring and the following responsibilities:
- Develop facility plans, master planning reports, specifications, and design drawings
- Lead internal and external project workshops
- Take projects from concept to bid-ready documents
- Manage services during construction
- Lead construction permitting with regulatory agencies
- Lead scope, schedule, and fee development with project management support
- Collaborate with clients and regulatory agencies
- Mentor multi-discipline project teams
- Participate in business development
- Lead the evaluation, study, and design of water and wastewater pipelines, pump stations, and treatment systems
“I’ve worked at large and small design firms across the nation. Shive-Hattery is unique with the big firm resources and support with the small firm feel. It’s awesome to be part of a caring team doing big things for clients and communities.” Shane Oyler, Water-Wastewater Group Leader
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) or master’s degree (M.S.) in Environmental or Civil Engineering from an accredited four-year or graduate engineering university
- Four or more years of similar technical experience with no less than one-year experience in project leadership
- Registered Professional Engineer and capable of registering in states within Shive-Hattery’s geographical footprint
- Experience with detailed plans and specifications, for water and wastewater collection, distribution, pumping, and/or treatment projects
- Strong verbal, computer, time management, and organizational skills
- Good understanding of the multi-disciplined aspects required for delivering water-wastewater infrastructure improvements
- Proven technical writing and professional communication skills
- Desire to mentor junior staff, as well as learn and continue professional career
- Must have strong communication skills
About the Quad Cities Office:
Located in Bettendorf, Iowa North of 53rd Avenue in the heart of a new business district development. The office is a brand-new facility opened in July 2021. The office is surrounded by multiple restaurants and business’ within walking distance. We are only minutes from I-74 and I-80 highways for easy access to all parts of the city and our region.
The Quad Cities is home to several Fortune 500 corporations including John Deere, 3M, Exelon and Arconic. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in Northwestern Illinois and Southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success create a robust and continually growing economy.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes