Job ID 1159577 Location Quad Cities Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery has an immediate opening in our Quad Cities office for an Architect with a minimum of three to five years of professional experience.
Shive-Hattery Inc. is an architecture and engineering firm with a regional practice in healthcare, government, commercial, industrial and education. We believe unparalleled service has contributed to our long-term success and given us the opportunity to practice our passion for design. We are looking for a motivated Architect who shares our passion and collaborative style and wants the opportunity for professional growth in our Quad City Office.
- Mid-level position and applies to individuals with minimum three to five years' experience
- Completion of accredited professional degree program with a Bachelors degree or Masters degree in architecture, or equivalent in appropriate education and experience
- Demonstrate a high degree of aptitude in critical, creative thinking associated with design and the design process; knowledge of programming, planning, and building performance
- Knowledge of design of architectural systems, construction documentation and associated technology; ability to plan and conduct work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Prepare architectural plans and renderings, supervise preparation of architectural plans, consults manufacturers, evaluate and select materials, write reports and specifications, and perform site observations of architectural features of structures
- Qualifications/Proficiencies-motivated and creative professional; able to design with inherent understanding of building systems; capable of designing projects for private developer clients, retail, and restaurants, with some Commercial, Educational, Healthcare, Governmental, and/or Industrial Sector work
- Self-motivated and able to problem-solve independently. Strong working knowledge of Autodesk Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Google SketchUp is required.
- Excellent communication skills
*Interested applicants should submit their cover letter, resume, and portfolio for consideration. If unable to submit your portfolio due to size constrains, please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Participate and contribute to design discussions, idea generation, collaboration, and design work in drawing, model and 3D image formats. Create graphical images.
- Competent architect in all conventional aspects of the production and coordination of design process and technical documents under general supervision.
- Selects and determines procedures in architectural matters. Writes reports and specifications. Checks completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations.
- Design and detailing in Revit.
- Attend project and client meetings with other design professionals.
- Interact with and be a representative of the company with clients and contractors as it relates to on-going projects.
- May work with firm leadership to assist in the development of selected clients through marketing.
About the Quad Cities Office:
Located in Bettendorf, Iowa North of 53rd Avenue in the heart of a new business district development. The office is a brand-new facility opened in July 2021. The office is surrounded by multiple restaurants and business’ within walking distance. We are only minutes from I-74 and I-80 highways for easy access to all parts of the city and our region.
The Quad Cities is home to several Fortune 500 corporations including John Deere, 3M, Exelon and Arconic. Throughout the area, which encompasses six counties in Northwestern Illinois and Southeastern Iowa with an overall population of nearly 450,000, there are over 30,000 businesses locally-owned and beyond. The variety and success create a robust and continually growing economy.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes