Job ID 1163268 Location Cedar Rapids, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
As you consider the next career move, what is most important to you?
A. Professional environment with fun, smart, tech-savvy people.
B. Accelerated career advancement and unlimited learning opportunities.
C. Emersion in the latest technology and tools.
D. All the above
As BIM (Building Information Modeling) Specialist you will experience all the above.
You will collaborate with Corporate BIM Managers and design office BIM Coordinators to set up and maintain design software files. You will learn design software administration responsibilities which include working within the BIM 360/ACC system, a cloud-based collaborative environment, and Revit modeling software.
Keep design models running smoothly and efficiently by executing project audit reports and model condition checks. Innovate by using scripting tools to develop automated tasks, workflows, and model and software updates.
Every day is different at Shive-Hattery with a myriad of ways to help project teams succeed. As a BIM Specialist you will have the opportunity to:
- Setup Revit models (sheets/views, establish coordinates, cross-link, place views on sheets)
- Administrate BIM 360 Projects (add team members, publish models, setup permissions and folders)
- Run project audits/health check report and share with team
- Prepare coordination spaces in BIM 360 and perform weekly coordination reviews and make necessary changes
- Establish Standard Revit Publish Sets for BIM 360
- Run clash detection on BIM 360 for use by design team
- Assist in model file setup for use by clients and design staff for virtual reality and other visualization tools
- Archive model files at project milestones and at closeout
- Create Revit families and other content
- Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural/Engineering or in the Information Technology field
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience using Revit
- Strong understanding of Windows based computer and networking concepts and technologies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and perform responsibilities delegated by design office staff within a deadline
- Willingness to learn system administration tasks of various design software platforms
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes