Job ID 1152795 Location West Des Moines, IA Job Type Full-Time Apply Now
Shive-Hattery's Des Moines office has an opening for a Roof Consultant with three to seven years of experience.
- Design, construction, maintenance and repair of roof systems
- Experience in the design, construction, maintenance and repair of building envelopes preferred
- Ability to become registered as design professional (Architect, Engineer or RRO/RRC)
This Design Professional will perform a variety of duties associated with support of building enclosure design on a variety of Public / Government, Higher Education, Healthcare, K-12 Education, Industrial and Commercial Projects. This position involves adapting drafting design knowledge and experience with a focus on the exterior building enclosure.
- Record site conditions and observations using written documentation and mobile apps
- Timely, professional, and accurate production of design documents associated with the delivery of building enclosure design services for new and existing building projects
- Clear communication with other professionals within the building team to understand assigned tasks and work independently to provide roof design and documentation
- Adapt to different project delivery methods required by clients and production team members
- Perform condition assessments
- Prepare design documents for tuckpointing and roof design
- Develop building problem solutions
- Prepare construction documents including specifications
- Construction observation
- Maintain positive client relationship
- Expand services to existing clients
- Business development
- Assist the Building Enclosure Commissioning Providers in reviewing and testing building enclosures in the field
- Candidate should have a basic working knowledge of construction techniques related to architectural principles
- Drafting design knowledge and experience using Revit, AutoCAD, and MS Office
- Exhibit the desire and willingness to learn new information through one-on-one training and written resources
- Assist in problem solving and adapting to differing building project types
- Ability to market roofing services and interact with clients in a professional manner as a representative of Shive-Hattery
- Accredited programs in Building Technology, Construction Management or Architectural Drafting are deemed essential backgrounds for this role
- Registered Roofing Observer and/or Registered Roofing Consultant credential is desired
Minimum Physical Requirements:
Regular site visits to conduct construction observation under varying climate conditions. Applicant will encounter exposure to conditions of active construction and walking on uneven ground. Will be required to setup testing equipment. The candidate must be comfortable with climbing ladders and walking roofs while adhering to company and OSHA safety standards, policies, practices and procedures.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery strives to provide outstanding client service and provide rewarding careers to our employees. Our learning and teaching culture is based on collaboration; you must be willing to mentor and teach other employees while continuing to develop your skills to grow professionally at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Future Consideration: Yes